Wednesday, December 11, 2013

DIY Christmas


This year, I have been making more handmade gifts for friends and family. I am still debating whether this was actually a good idea. In theory, yes. For sanity, NO. Here are a couple of my creations:




 A puppy and a bear...


 Complete with their own kennels!



 They are made out of felted wool sweaters from the thrift store, scraps of fabric around the house, stuffing from a pillow I bought on clearance and two bird cages from the craft store (at 50% off!).

There is a reason I am showing you my gift creations-- Secret Santa is coming up at Bark City!


For those signed up to participate, I thought I would inspire you with a couple of ideas for DIY presents if you feel so inclined (tutorials are linked).... but remember: Do not sacrifice your sanity!

 You could customize a bowl .


 Make a rainbow paracord dog collar.
  
Sew a squeaky toy....


or Make a memory ....


Whatever you do, I hope you have a wonderful holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment