Wednesday, February 12, 2014

DIY Food




I have been noticing for a few years now that there is a trend amongst pet owners to stop buying kibble for their pets and to start making their own food. It is a very controversial topic, but a lot of owners swear that it has helped to alleviate health conditions in their pets, such as arthritis and food allergies. The other benefit is that it is often less costly than buying premium dog/cat food. Two of my favorite blogs that I have been following and can give you more information are: 


  

The Pet Foodie, whom I follow on Facebook. It seems that their blog is just getting up and running, but their Facebook posts usually have good recipes and information.



Feline Nutrition Education Society has a WEALTH of information if you would like to start feeding your cat a raw diet. They also have a Facebook page that you can "like" through their website.

I also thought that with these blogs, I should should post some recipes I have been meaning to try:


The recipe can be found at The Cottage Market


Liver Whoopie Pies for the gluten intolerant at Kol's Notes.


These meatballs at Pet Coupon Saving.

If you have a favorite Recipe for your dog or cat, feel free to post it on our Facebook page! We would love to give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment