Monday, February 29, 2016

7 Dog Books For Children

I've written a couple times on good literature about our canine friends: 5 Must Reads and 5 Must Reads- Part II. I have yet to list Children's books that theme around dogs. So, here 'ya go. All of these are classics and may bring a smile to your face when you see the images on the covers (I know I smiled):

For the beginning reader. It's fun and silly while teaching opposites and sight words.







A very clever story for younger children about a mischievous dog's adventures while avoiding a bath.


Wonderful, classical illustrations and feeds into the child's imagination.


I love, love, LOVED this book as a kid.



For the older child. A really heart-warming and heart-wrenching story.


Another heart-wrenching-tearjerker for the older kids.



Not so much about dogs, but it has a main character that is a dog-- The Watch Dog. This book has a lot of word play and wit to challenge older children.



No comments:

Post a Comment